Aims and objectives
To introduce past, present and future global population trends, and demonstrate the ways in which these trends may be connected to social and economic forces.
After working through this module you should be able to:
- Describe current population trends, in terms of fertility, mortality and population growth.
- Understand the consequences of current population trends for future well being.
- Describe how the population issues facing the world today differ by region.
- Understand the basic concept of the demographic transition.
- Describe some of the differences between historical transitions and contemporary transitions.
This session will take approximately 2 hours to complete.
Please know there is a feedback form at the end of this session. We will welcome any comments or suggestions you may have.