Aims and objectives
To provide an overview of the tasks involved in conducting a demographic survey.
At the end of this session you should be able to:
- Define a survey and explain the main steps involved in conducting a survey
- Understand the importance of clear survey objectives for survey implementation and data quality
- Compare and describe the different types of data capture, including implications for survey design, fieldwork, analysis and data quality.
- Explain the main steps in questionnaire design and key principles of good question design.
- Explain the principles of data entry, cleaning, and storage
- Demonstrate awareness of the ethical issues involved in survey implementation