Aims and objectives
To explain measures of sexual behaviour and the data required in the context of HIV/ AIDS.
After working through this session, you will be able to:
- Be aware of common patterns of behaviour and areas of difference between populations
- Consider the uses for data on sexual behaviour, and the different audiences
- Become familiar with the strengths and weaknesses of different data collection methods
- Know how to obtain data on the measures most commonly used for the different purposes
- Understand the data requirements and best methods for estimating key indicators
- Appreciate the difference between individual level and population level measures
- Know the limitations of data on sexual behaviour
This session will take approximately 2 hours to complete.